PBCRC small initiative funding aims to support activities consistent with the PBCRC’s Mission and Vision, and are relatively small, are time critical and/or only require a small budget. All proposals must have a very specific and defined purpose, and clear benefits to plant biosecurity.
Small initiative funding proposals may include:
- Ad-hoc travel to laboratories, conferences etc (not included in PBCRC project budget allocation)
- Convening strategic workshops
- Professional development or capacity building activity
- Invitations for international biosecurity experts to attend workshops/conferences
- Workshop/conference sponsorship
- Small concept project that may precede the development of a full project proposal
- Other initiatives that advance plant biosecurity
Small initiative proposals are assessed each quarter. If you would like know more about small initiatives, contact the PBCRC.