Assistant Manager - Corporate Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
Position Description and Selection Criteria
Assistant Manager Corporate Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
Manager Corporate Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
Assist with management of corporate communications and engagement
Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Director Research
Responsible for developing and producing CRC Annual Reports and related documents, ensuring they highlight the CRC’s achievements and meet Commonwealth requirements and deadlines. Assist with developing and producing research impact reports for specific audiences.
Website content management
• Responsible for uploading final research reports and related content.
• Responsible for ensuring website is kept up to date and refreshed with new content.
• Responsible for providing reports on website statistics and analysis.
• Responsible for managing shift to legacy website including refining content.
Responsible for planning, researching and developing content for the monthly public newsletter while meeting publication deadlines.
Responsible for leading CRC social media activities and engagement across several platforms.
Support the Communication Manager in organising and running the 2018 Science Exchange and other events.
Other communication activities
Support the Communication Manager and undertake with own initiative other communication activities.
• Assist with writing, editing and proof-reading.
• Assist with development of digital content such as podcasts, video and photography.
• Provide basic graphic design support.
• Support other project communications activities as required.
Selection Criteria: Essential
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication skills, including the ability to negotiate and consult effectively, and develop written communication content.
- Superior organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work under pressure.
- Strong relationship builder and influencer, comfortable working with leaders at all levels.
- Strong initiative and ability to handle multiple projects/roles in an evolving environment both individually and within a team.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing internal/external communication strategies.
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably in a communication related subject, and/or relevant experience.
- At least five years’ experience working in the field of communications.
Selection Criteria: Desirable
Tertiary qualification in science or communications field preferable.
An understanding of biosecurity, agriculture and Cooperative Research Centres.
Experience and/or demonstrated interest in communication of science to a broad audience.
Selection Criteria: Personal attributes
- A dynamic self-starter with an ability to work autonomously and cooperatively with teams from diverse organisations.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, contributing positively to a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with external and internal stakeholders for content management.
- Genuine ability to anticipate needs and use initiative, judgement, tact and to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proven ability to establish priorities and maintain flexibility.
- Demonstrated commitment to a high level of personal performance.
This is a full-time position (0.8 FTE may be considered).
Remuneration range (including super) - $70,000 to $115,000 dependent on qualifications and experience.
Contract position to 30 June 2018.
1. Covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria
2. Resume or CV including the names and contact details of at least three referees
Note: Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All queries to the Corporate Communications and Engagement Manager, Mr Tony Steeper, on 02 6201 5938 or to email@example.com
Applications close cob Friday 28 July 2017.